Sunday, December 25, 2011

Take a look at Bronzeville and 75th St...

Lately,  Chicago is snowless and amazingly warm..
I glanced at "Bronzeville" area..from Green Line's 35th Bronzeville-I.I.T sta..before returning home



<---"Chicago Defender" (The legendary black newspaper in the Great Migration period..)

..Dr. Martin Luther King Drive is the main street for strolling if you wish to find the artifacts of the Black Metropolis since 1920s
..though, old atmosphere is hardly seen

  

<---Sacchimo's Former residence








<--Olivett Baptist Church..

 -  the first African American church..


<--- Near 73th Street and Stony Island..
here appeared the big, rich golden dorm!!



-  It is Nation of Islam's hq Mariam Mosque
.. I saw a couple of preachers (Mr. Sultan Muhammad et al.. both of them were almost Marcom X looks-alike) I read this site was donated to Mr .Louis Farracan by Col. Quaddafi in '70s..is that true?

No comments: