Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lefty Autum..?


.. Lately, swarm of videos about Southern desegregation movement,
Civil Rights movements, radical '60s students movements..were shown
 in all my socl classes..

..Since my classes are about the race relations, urban study(city & suburbs,) and the 60's movements..



I saw the films about "Freedom Summer," "Freedom Ride"(radical students' desegregation movements in the '50s.. '60s Mississippi,)
..

"Berkley in the sixties.."  or.. and also,
about the dispossessed Mexican miners film etc, etc,...
- Now i belatedly saw what "Hard time Mississippi"was all about ..
which Stevie Wonder sung in his 'Living for the City'

 One of the teacher made a nice proposal.. to attend community meeting on the South Side Chicago..
on the 103st St!

It is in the black neighborhood.. Isn't it quite  dangerous ..  for group of..blond haired....
white student? I couldn't imagine.
.


Last year I didn't I see nobody in my previous class researched about South Side... or nobody even attended"Interrupters.' film's show and the Ceasefire Chicago's lecture on campus..

But the young students in the 60s movement class seem like excited about the old day's radical  movements.
because the old teacher...  Dr.Wright from '60s San Francisco is igniting them.. ..

No comments: